Your data is in good hands.
When you bank with us, you can be confident that we will take your safety and privacy
How Metrobank protects your data:
1. Your data is protected by law
We will keep your data confidential and use it only within the bounds of applicable
Philippine laws, rules, and regulations.
2. Your data is protected by our high security standards
We enforce very strict policies on data within the Metrobank Group, making use of
physical, technological, and procedural safeguards to keep our systems secure. Our
employees regularly train in matters of protection, privacy, and confidentiality
and we impose sanctions and penalties for non-compliance.
Finally, we only engage with outside companies who meet our security standards.
3. Your data is collected and stored through secure channels.
We collect your data through secure contact points such as our trained branch personnel,
our Contact Centers, and our electronic channels.
We value your data privacy rights.
We recognize your right to have control over your personal data. So, in the spirit
of trust and transparency, here are what we collect from you and what we use it
What data Metrobank collects from you:
- Personal data and employment details
- Financial information, business interests, and assets
- Transaction details with third-party merchants and companies
- Video, image, and sound recordings of when you transact in branches or contact us
via phone calls.
- Non-personal information that can be read on your device when you use Metrobank’s
websites, apps, and other electronic platforms.
What Metrobank uses your data for:
1. To protect you
We use your data to further secure your accounts from fraud and other illegal activities.
2. To keep your information updated
We use your data to validate, verify, and update your information and documents.
3. To facilitate transactions and offer you relevant products
We share your data within the Metrobank Group to facilitate transactions and let
you know about products and services relevant to you.
4. To perform legal duties
We use your data to further improve our legal duties and due diligence in anti-money
laundering and counterterrorism efforts as well as other activities required by
5. To settle claims or disputes
We use your data to settle claims or disputes involving our products and services.
Your data can also be used for prosecuting or defending Metrobank or its employees
We recognize your agency and ownership of your data. As such, we recognize the following:
Your rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012:
- The right to know if your data is being processed or has been processed, what data
is being processed, and for what purposes.
- The right to demand reasonable access to your data.
- The right to dispute and correct inaccuracies and errors in your data.
- The right to revoke, block, remove, or destroy your data if it’s proven to be incomplete,
outdated, unlawfully obtained, or used for unauthorized transactions.
- The right to damages sustained from inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully-obtained
data as well as damages from unauthorized uses of your data.
How long Metrobank can keep your data
We will keep your data safely stored in our system and regularly updated throughout
the entirety of your relationship with us. Only authorized personnel who have accomplished
strict security training will have access to it.
If you choose to close your relationship with us, we are obligated to delete your
data within 5 years after you formally settle and close all engagements with the
Your safety is our priority.
We care for the safety and security of all our clients and partners. Because of
this, we highly encourage the following:
How to maximize your data security:
1. Protect and update your information
Keep your data safe by making sure your account details, PINs, username, and password
are not accessible to others. Use strong passwords and change them regularly. When
on electronic platforms, make sure to use devices that are safe and keep your software
We will not be able to serve you properly if your information is not updated.
Make sure the information you submit is accurate, complete, and not misleading.
Keep documents that can verify your information safe and available. If there are
changes to your information, inform us immediately.
2. Contact us through secure channels
Take advantage of our secure channels by contacting us through our website, branches,
Contact Center, MetrobankDirect Online, and MetrobankDirect Mobile.
When communicating via email, never disclose sensitive information such as account
numbers, credit card numbers, or passwords. We will never ask you for these via
email. We will also never ask you to click a link to verify your information. If
we need sensitive information, an authorized bank representative will get in touch
3. Report any data issues
If you think your data has been mishandled in terms of confidentiality or integrity,
or if you think your data has been tampered with, contact us through any secure
channels mentioned above.
You can also directly contact our Data Protection Officer through the following: